On this eve of election day in the good ole USA I know we are all thinking about the outcome of the election. A lot of you are praying for the nation tonight and some are praying that the guy they like wins. I really hate politics. I try hard to love the politician and hate the politics. I know there are some Christians who would like people like me to get a little more passionate about politics. I just wish people would be more passionate and less political about Christ.
My prayer tonight isn’t so much about which candidate wins, but more so that no matter who wins the election, that we truly have our trust in God. If our trust is in Him, we need not fear which man is in charge, nor will we be tempted to breathe a sigh of relief thinking that man will in any way save us. God is in control no matter who is president. Here are some scriptures to keep things in perspective.
- 2 Kings 18:21 (Whole Chapter)
Now, behold, thou trustest upon the staff of this bruised reed, even upon Egypt, on which if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it: so is Pharaoh king of Egypt unto all that trust on him.
- Psalm 32:10 (Whole Chapter)
Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
- Psalm 34:8 (Whole Chapter)
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
- Psalm 40:3 (Whole Chapter)
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
- Psalm 40:4 (Whole Chapter)
Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
- Psalm 56:11 (Whole Chapter)
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
- Psalm 84:12 (Whole Chapter)
O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
- Psalm 118:8 (Whole Chapter)
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
- Psalm 146:3 (Whole Chapter)
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
- Isaiah 31:1 (Whole Chapter)
Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!
- Jeremiah 17:5 (Whole Chapter)
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
- Jeremiah 17:7 (Whole Chapter)
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
We should all be thankful, no matter who we are voting for, that Jesus our King is neither a Republican nor a Democrat, but He (and now we) are of another Kingdom of a much higher order.
My friend Lisa Shea just sent this to me. I thought it was perfect for today!
Top 10 Predictions No Matter Who Wins the Election
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.
and God approves this message!
ISN’T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CHARGE